Center of Gravity in Kelowna! Part 2

With the festivities over, I was left with no shortage of processing to do.  Luckily, I like to keep it pretty simple in the way of processing, if the picture didn't start off good in the first place, I won't ever waste my time trying to 'make it good'.
The sporting events ranged from freestyle motocross to volleyball, which translated into no shortage of non-stop action to be photographed especially at 7fps.



Sports Covered: 
  1. Freestyle Motocross
  2. Freestyle Flatland Tricking on sport bikes
  3. Freestyle Mountain Biking Competition
  4. Break Dancing
  5. BMX'ing
  6. Skateboarding
  7. Basketball
  8. Beach Volleyball
  9. Wakeboarding and Wakeskating
  10. Mountain Bike Lake Jump
 Musical Performances Covered:
  1. Classified
  2. Smalltown DJs
  3. Dev and the Cataracts
  4. Sweet Thing





    I have posted a decently large collection of my photos from that day, in this album on facebook..  The gallery is 148 photos, and that equals to less than 5% of the photos I took that weekend... You do the math and tell me how many photos I snapped.

    My gear bag consisted of:
    • Canon 580exII
    • 2x Pocket Wizards
    • E-TTL Cord
    • Canon 50D
    • Canon XTi
    • EF70-200f/4L
    • EF28mm f/2.8
    • EF50mm f/1.8
    • EFS10-22f/3.5-5.6
    • Multiple Circular Polarizers
    • Loads of water
     I need to give a big thanks to my girlfriend and best photography assistant in the world, Steph! She was always ready with the lenses that needed changing, or batteries replacing, and just about everything else I couldn't focus on.

    Big thanks to the Center of Gravity, WetApe, DPI Media,  musical guests, volunteers, and of course all the great athletes!  Hope to be back next year.

    Don't forget to check out the album with 100x more from CoG2011 than what's in this post: its in here.

    C Gardiner Photography | Promote Your Page Too