Is it Christmas Again?

That's how I feel pretty much every time I place an order with B&H Photo, since like Christmas, it comes only once per year, although unlike Christmas-sometimes twice. I'm pretty excited to share my creations with the new gadgets, but in the meantime I can tell you what I got and why!

Firstly; Vello SHUTTERBOSS TIMED REMOTE f/CANON 3-PIN - VERCC2
This is a 'shutter boss'. Basically, plug it into your camera's remote port, and set all the details you'd require for time-lapses and long exposure photography.  This will be useful because I can extend the length of a time-lapse in elapsed time, while using less than usual memory or battery reserves. Just straight up more control than I had before.
Next,
Adobe ADOBE P/S LIGHTROOM v3 f/WIN/MAC (WEB) - ADWPSL3Z
Well, I was going to buy it anyways, but while it was sitting in my cart - it went on sale. From $163 to only $65.  I don't want to use the words to describe the kind of person I'd be for turing down that offer. Take a look at some YouTube videos of Lightroom Tutorials to see its awesome power. I am most excited for: the lens correction for individual lens profiles, as well as the auto-watermarking tool, in addition to a vast many other things.
Sanyo ENELOOP AA BATTERY 8-BLISTER PACK - SAEAAB8
Using primarily speed lights when it comes to flash photography, I rely on AA rechargeables. These are a reasonable price - 8 for $20, usually energizers are twice that at 4 for $20, and I have received some personal reviews about these batteries in particular and their ability to be charged repeatedly, as I am sure to do.
Pearstone SB-LSM80 BATTERY PACK f/SAMS (1000mah) - PESBLSM80
Extra battery for the Canon XTi, non brand name, since it is my winter-beater as far as camera's go. I have a long trip coming up, and will be indoors for a minimal amount of time, so... batteries - crucial.
Canon BP-511A LITHIUM-ION BATTERY (1390 mah) - CABP511A
Battery for my Canon 50D, it is my primary DSLR right now, so I'll get the Canon Batteries to match for now. Same deal - big trip coming up, need more power.
GoPro HD NAKED HERO CAMERS 5 MP - GOHDHC
YES! Can't wait. I have so many ideas already for my GoPro wearable camcorder. With HD recording to 1080p and 60fps at some resolutions, this is sure to open up a few new doors in what I start making in my creative spare time.  I'm keeping most ideas under-wraps at the moment, so you'll have to wait for it.
Kata 3 IN 1 SLING BACKPACK (BLACK) - KA31SB22 
I was talking to my cameras and lenses the other day and they said they want to be stored in a proper backpack when they are out trekking, instead of being dumped in my camelbak like usual.  I  also like to think that when things are stored well and easily accessible, I will spend less time changing gear and therefore feel inclined to do it more often.
finally,
Lexar COMPACT FLASH PLATINUM II 4GB (200x) - LECFP2200X4G
I own a couple of these already and thats why I decided to get another, times deux. With more batteries to take photos while away from power sources, I will need more memory to store them during the same amount of time. CF cards work for both of my cameras. 


So that is what is coming. I'm sure you'll notice when some of it gets here and into use. 




C Gardiner Photography | Promote Your Page Too